Key Points on the Scheme
- It is to open to Dairy farmers in January 2014
- The audit will be carried out by Bord Bia the same as the sheep and the beef audits
- It will take from two and a half to three hours of questions
- The auditor needs to check farm buildings, stock, stock records.
The areas that will be check are very similar to the other sectors and the necessary.
Areas to be checked
- Storage cabinets for medicines/chemicals,
- The proper warning signs up on the farm
- Bait points on the farm,
- Feed stores
- Handling facilities
- Calving facilities
- Isolation pen
- First aid kit, Disinfectant, Detergent, and Sanitizer storage
- Herd register
- Feed dockets
- Medicine records
- Farm Safety statement
There are more areas to be checked but these are some of the more important ones.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my loyal readers and clients over the past twelve months and I hope the articles have being interesting and informative to young and old.
If there are any topics you would like to see mentioned in the new year drop me an email.
Mark Mc Connell Consultancy Ltd, The Glebe, Stranorlar, Lifford, Co. Donegal T/F 074 91 30772